Female employee who accused Red Bull boss Christian Horner set to appeal

Female employee who accused Red Bull boss Christian Horner set to appeal

According to reports, the female employee who accused Red Bull boss Christian Horner of “inappropriate behaviour” intends to appeal the outcome of the investigation.

The female employee who accused Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner of “inappropriate behaviour” is expected to file an appeal against the investigation’s findings, which cleared him of any misconduct.

Red Bull declared earlier this month that the woman’s “grievance has been dismissed” following the conclusion of an independent investigation into the allegations. They emphasized in a statement that the inquiry had been “fair, rigorous, and impartial,” but they also mentioned that “the complainant has a right of appeal.”

The statement read: “The independent investigation into the allegations made against Mr Horner is complete, and Red Bull can confirm that the grievance has been dismissed.

“The complainant has a right of appeal. Red Bull is confident that the investigation has been fair, rigorous and impartial.”

The complainant has until later this week to file an appeal, and according to The Sun, she is likely to do so because she recently changed her legal representatives. It comes after Red Bull suspended the accuser on full pay ahead of the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix last weekend.

“Christian and Geri are braced for more fireworks but a thorough investigation has already found in his favour,” a source told the publication. “The woman’s honesty has been called into question and her evidence was shown to be flawed.

“Christian’s enemies are making it clear they will not give up. But he and Geri are staying strong and will face them down. Christian will be back at work at Red Bull’s HQ first thing on Monday to get on with the business of running his team and winning races.”

If the latest development is true, it will only stoke the crisis that has currently overshadowed F1.

While the 50-year-old has consistently refuted the accusations, his employment is very much in jeopardy after texts and images linked to the investigation went viral just a day after Red Bull cleared Horner.

Jos Verstappen, the father of three-time Formula One champion Max Verstappen, had demanded that Horner be fired, sparking rumors that Max will walk away from Red Bull should the team principal remain in his position.

However, Red Bull has officially refuted reports that Horner was going to be fired ahead of the Australian Grand Prix next week, which were first reported out of Germany. This comes after the team owners and hierarchy held crisis talks on Sunday.

“As Christian has said, he is grateful for the full support of the shareholders and that remains the case,” a spokesperson said.

Speaking following the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix, Horner emphasized that despite the unrest off the track, Red Bull is still a close-knit squad that is only focused on racing.

“The speculation is obviously rife but the most important thing is the team and focusing on on-track performances,” he said. “We all have a vested interest in achieving performances like we have. It’s been a phenomenal team effort.

“What you don’t see is it’s all the men and women behind the scenes, all the people in the supply chains, all the people in the support functions and all the people that work ridiculously long hours in one of the biggest team sports, if not the biggest team sport in the world.

“I think it’s important to recognise that there are nine other teams doing what we are doing and it’s not that easy.

“You only do that by having a spirit, determination throughout the entire company and the drivers are driving the end product and they have done a wonderful job.

“We move on and our focus is on Melbourne.”

Leave a Reply