Sun. Nov 28th, 2021

Bahrain will be hosting the 2021 season-opener as the Australian Grand Prix, which has been the first race of the season in modern Formula One in recent years is likely to take place in the Autumn, according to Canadian billionaire Lawrence Stroll who is among the owners of the Aston Martin F1 Team which was formerly Racing Point before rebranding.

Lawrence Stroll made the comments on Thursday.

“Melbourne has been…it’s not officially announced but it will be not cancelled but postponed,” Stroll told Reuters, “We will go there sometime in the fall [autumn] and the first race will be Bahrain.”

The billionaire, who is also the father to Lance Stroll who will be driving for the newly rebranded Aston Martin F1 team also commented on the upcoming 2021 F1 season and the Covid-19 pandemic in general and said there is ‘light at the end of the tunnel’. He also praised Formula 1 for successfully putting together the 2020 F1 Championship amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

“I do believe we’re in for a difficult two or three months. There is a light at the end of the tunnel with the vaccine. I think the first few races will be slightly challenging,” Stroll added.

“But Formula One management and the FIA, I really take my hat off to them to deliver 17 races as we did last year in 23 weeks, without really any major hiccups, in a very impressive manner.”

“I think the worst is behind us and we’ve learnt through last year how to proceed with this year.”

Earlier, it was reported that the Chinese Grand Prix could be cancelled and Formula One is likely to return to Imola and Algarve towards the start of the season.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)